Recently worked on filming and editing for The Princes Trust. The video is a promotional piece for Princes Trust Young Innovators’ programme.
“In 2017, Innovate UK and The Prince’s Trust commissioned YouGov to carry out independent research with 18 to 30 year olds who were not in employment, education or training, or who were in a form of insecure under-employment. The report explored attitudes towards innovation and entrepreneurship, and found that:
- 2 in 5 young people surveyed (35%) have had ideas for products and services they think they could sell
- 54% would like to run their own company
- 82% view the business sector as difficult to access
- Only 8% would describe themselves as entrepreneurial
Finding the country’s best young innovators
In response to the report’s findings, Innovate UK launched a campaign in partnership with The Prince’s Trust to find the next generation of innovators because their #IdeasMeanBusiness.
More than 12,000 people got in touch to find out more about the Young Innovators’ Programme.
150 attended 11 Innovation Live seminars across the UK and online, where they received innovative business advice and guidance on applying for support through the programme.
Twenty-four winners were selected from across the country to receive:
- Tailored coaching and mentoring from an innovation champion
- Funding to support developing their business
- An allowance to cover living costs”